Monday, July 14, 2008

Free Music again

turns out there are a couple of classical music sites, I just learned...

MusOpen a bunch of these MP3s require either emusic or napster, which I don't want to mess with.

and

Classic Cat

Mind you, these two don't much include the great stuff we all know and love...what's available tends to be somewhat obscure.

Look up Rimsky-Korsakov. You don't get the entirety of Scheherazade, you get a couple of very short excerpts. Shubert: full Ave Maria, and a lot of others I never heard of (well, I'm hardly an expert, but I do like I reasonable amount of classical). And you apparently can get different versions of things: two complete Beethoven's Fifth's different in length by three minutes. Are these different arrangements, or different tempos?


Apparently Wikipedia can lead to some free classical...I haven't looked at that yet.

Jamendo and BeSonic continue to be favorites.

No comments: