Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Oh frabjous day! Calloo callay!

(look that up if you don't know it)

So this year I paid more attention to the April calendar and certain "events".

Why?

Well, I think I wrote about this before...apparently in this area (I don't know about elsewhere), beginning about 2 weeks before Passover, and probably for a week or so after, you can actually get what is colloquially (and probably somewhat pejoratively) known as "jewish coke"...

Which is to say, Coke made with sugar.

OMG is that good. I went home and promptly over-caffeinated myself and was awake most of the night (apparently caffeine doesn't pass through me quite so well as it did when I was a lot younger :)

I bought about 45 bottles (it's only available in the 2-liter). Same price. Why can't Coke just go back to that? I called on the phone several years ago to ask about this, but whoever I talked to didn't know anything about the annual recipe change, and I hadn't heard of it yet.

NOT telling you where I got it, I don't need competition next year.

No comments: