Friday, August 13, 2010

Ain't Windows wonderful?

So in general it's a good idea to do the O/S updates from Microstink when they are issued.

but not always...

and I got burned by that two days ago. I have two PCs, both are the neat little micro-boxes...I like the size, the lack of noise, etc. Anyway, one runs XP and one runs 7. I don't have space for multiple kbds and monitors, so I normally have XP open via Remote Desktop.

So these latest updates from M$ broke Remote Desktop. I cannot connect to XP from 7. This is awful!

Surely it doesn't take an Advanced Degree (tm) to figure out these kinds of things before releasing software !?!?!?

I realize you can't test against all possible combinations of softwares someone else might have...but surely you can test against all your own stuff ?!?!

So Win 7 is now showing what are probably the same updates...maybe I'll get really really lucky and that will fix the problem...nah. not gonna happen.

No comments: