Friday, June 05, 2015

Fallout 4


FNV was better than FO3. No argument there.

FO4 is in Boston. Local outdoor stuff, like statues n such.

You will have a dog. And a jetpack. Dude. About time.

And more color. Seriously, folks, photosynthesis is not suddenly go from green to brown because of radiation. "life will find a way" (Jurassic Park)

There will be plenty of plants around, along with dead spots.

11-10-2015.

Yeah. That's what I'm talkin about. There goes another 1000 hours of my life :)

Probably on the XBone this time. Think I'll try that.

-----

Later (nov 7): it's almost here. I have to be sure I can do this offline, at The Ranch. First opp for that is nov 14, then xmas.

-----

2 years later:

OK, no jetpack, far as I can tell. And other subtle things. I just got informed that it's possible to see the extra-perk-points options, so that apparently there IS one where you can fast-travel while over-encumbered. But it's six levels away, so at Level 72 that's going to take a while to get there. I couldn't leave the institute because I was carrying too much, and lacked that perk. Geez.

Did discover something interesting, although I didn't test it long enough to see if it's permanent: The time comes when you are going to help a synth courser, but if you go collect him, you can then go do other stuff for a while and have a SECOND follower (I have the reporter (fewer paper cuts) already, AND then the courser). Only flaw with this is that your followers all bop around a bit, get in between you and targets, etc, meaning that you have to let them fight for you lest you shoot them in the back.

No comments: