Saturday, April 18, 2009

Old people

What is it with old people and sticker bushes?

You know what I'm talking about. If you are older, let's say past 50-something, live in a single-family detached house, eventually you are doing gardening in your yard. At some point you decide that what would look good is a sticker-bush, so you plant one. Or two. Or more...

This has a pleasant side-effect: kids will now avoid your yard, so you don't have to go out and yell "get out of my yard!" at them.

But still...I hate sticker bushes. Partly because I remember being a kid having to go through yards where there were sticker bushes...

So a few years ago my mom decided she had to have a couple of sticker bushes. Guess who had to trim them when they got too big? They're gone now, thank you.

But still...am *I* going to want a sticker bush in my yard in 10 years? Kill me now.

No comments: